Our client one of the UK’s leading steal infrastructure fabricators. Are currently looking to recruit fabricator / welders to add to their expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced knowledge of working on Medium to Heavy gauge high-quality Industrial structural steel projects. Is used to working to exacting specifications, with a good eye for detail and excellent mathematical skills.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting engineer’s technical drawings.
- Apply knowledge of trigonometry to measure and mark out fabrication reference points to prepare for various modifications or additions prior to welding assembly.
- Shape, position and align steel components into place for welding.
- Set up and use machining tools associated with fabrication.
- Use levels and other measuring tools to confirm that all parts are fabricated to specification.
- Maintain all quality assurance paperwork necessary to document the proper performance of duties.
- Operate cranes to move large pieces of steel from one fabrication station to another throughout the manufacturing process.
- Comply with workplace safety expectations for safe workplace practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient with fabrication tools working on complex projects within a heavy engineering environment.
- Must be able to read welding symbols and work to Engineer drawings.
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Qualified or time served Welder to standard BS9606 or equivalent.
- Overhead Crane License (Desirable).
Day Shifts, 7.15 am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, 7.15 – 12.15 Friday.
Weld Test will form part of the interview process.