Posted by: shauntaylor
Our client based in Bardon Hill, Coalville is currently looking for a number of Van Drivers / Warehouse Operatives to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis.
The job involves delivering products overnight to various locations. This will entail loading and checking of own load, unloading and re-loading/ checking at delivery locations. It will also involve checking and ordering of consumables at delivery points. It will also involve the collection and segregation of waste products from delivery point and disposal at return to base. Van essential maintenance e.g. fuel, oil, tyre pressure plus vehicle hygiene will also be part of the duties. There will be days / times where no van work is available therefore full warehouse duties will be expected. These will consist of picking use a voice integrated system, loading of vehicles, returns processing and Goods In duties.
You will be required to work a night shift Sunday – Friday, shift start times will be between 9pm-11pm with finish times between 5am-7am so flexibility is required.
• To meet or exceed customer service standards (e.g. Customer Service Improvement targets, delivery times, customer satisfaction measures, flexible approach to changes in customer demands).
• To ensure accuracy of paper and stock at all times
• Assist in ensuring a consistent, smooth and efficient picking & delivery service.
• To undertake training and coaching as required increasing personal skills to achieve Company performance standards.
• To be familiar with and ensure all Company Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and ensure all weekly Key Performance Indicators are met individually, and as part of the team.
• To ensure that any issues are identified such as stock or safety issues and are communicated to the First Line Manager.
• Ensure company health and safety practices are followed at all times.
• Ensure that when delivering to customers that you present a professional company image.
• To raise and maintain hygiene/recycling standards to the agreed best practice levels.
• To be part of the team driving towards a zero breakage culture.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by the department.
• A current clean UK Driving Licence is essential.
Must be physically fit and able to handle individual items (loads of up to 25kg) and when working with colleagues lifting products with weights up to 100kg using correct equipment.
Must be capable of using scanners/voice pick/ PC’s to control stock. Preferably be multi-skilled and used to working on your own initiative in a fast moving Distribution Centre environment.
A Counterbalance/ Reach truck licence will be an advantage for this position but not essential.
If you are interested in this position then please send your CV now.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not hear back from us within 5 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.